. Monastery of La Cartuja
The advent of the Baroque style brought to the city the intricate ornamentation of domes, altarpieces and chapels, and gave Granada one of the prime works of this style in the whole of Spain: the Sacristy of the Cartuja Monastery, with Lanjarón marble plinths and paintings by Bocanegra and Sánchez Cotán. The building’s construction, backed financially by the Gran Capitán’s help, began in 1506 but it was only finished three centuries later, and in the meantime elements were added ranging from very late Gothic to sober Renaissance.
Paseo de la Cartuja s/n. Granada.
958 161 932